I think mummy’s brain is addled because she confused me into thinking today was my birthday when we all knew it was yesterday and I got my new bowl… which, by the way, I’m now getting used to – the trick is to dive in feet first to stop it scooting across the floor. Daddy did come home early from work this afternoon but it was to go to the tip and then to collect his boat. I don’t know what a boat is or where the tip is but I’m sure I’ll be finding out one day.

Anyway, I think it was partly me because I must have been coming down with something – I couldn’t sleep last night and when mummy came downstairs during the night I got up and had dressing gown snuggles, twice, which isn’t like me at all. I was feeling a bit off colour this morning so stayed in bed late. We had a little walk in the garden in the afternoon but I wasn’t feeling my usual self and mummy thought I had some lumps in my neck, then when daddy got home he reckoned my tummy was hotter than usual. So mummy took me to the vets again where a nice man called Duncan examined me. He said it was all a bit of a puzzle because I haven’t been talking to any dogs or been out walking anywhere, but I’ve got swollen glands and a temperature of 105, which is very hot as it should only be 101. I’ve had 2 injections and have some tablets to take twice a day for 5 days – the first injection didn’t hurt much but the second one stung like anything and made me cry, but mummy kissed it better and it stopped hurting after that.

I went to bed when we got home but did feel a bit better so went out in the garden, after I’d had my dinner, and did one of my wondrous poo’s. It was pretty whiffy but mummy examined it and I heard her telling daddy that I’d passed a small stone. I don’t think I’m supposed to eat them, but sometimes I just can’t help myself and I don’t spit when mummy tells me to. Lots of doggies do it but it’s not very good, I must try not to swallow them in future.

Hopefully I’ll be back to normal tomorrow but I have to go back to see Duncan the vet on Friday morning so he can take my temperature again and feel all my glands to see if I’m better.

Resting in the day bed...

This is me in my day bed having a snooze.


~ by Teagan on July 2, 2008.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: